POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier : Re: SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Feb 2008 03:13:07
Message: <47a6c913$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sven [] jamaica-focus [] com> schreef in bericht
>I think, we see here on of the POV-Ray programmers (probably Mr. Buck or
>Mr. Cason) in hi real environment, making thoughts how to improve POV-Ray
>for those Earthlings...
>
> Actually, the orign of this thinking POV-Ray programmer is not planet
> Mars, they still come from Earth. But they are an olde race, a saurian
> race. At the time the intelligent saurian species destroyed nearly the
> planet Earth in one of their last wars against themselfes, they managed to
> settle for some time on Planet Mars. But that was just a relatively short
> period in their existence, because Mars was already unhabitable. So, when
> having had all resources together and the scientific knowledge to travel
> much further into space, they left Mars.
>
> Now, some of them came back to observe the new intelligent life on Earth,
> the mammal life (we humans). A long time they observe us. The first
> contact happened thousands of years ago. Not in a physical way as everyone
> would expect based on our movies, no, the first encounters are on a mind
> base: they measure us on the closeness or distance between our cultural
> values how a life should be lived (how to behave, how to handle
> situations), and how we at the end of the day really life our life - how
> close we come to our own moral ethics (which is: not even close). That is,
> how we're being evaluated since centuries. The first contact had happened
> a long time ago, since then we're always observed and measured in this
> very descent and unrecognizeable way. Their guidelines in trans-species
> contacts are just requesting absolute descentness, preventing large
> cultural shocks for the younger race.
>
> Now, since humans evolve and have now computers, the Saurians brought now
> their second tool of evaluating our species into the game: POV-Ray. This
> tool allows them to get even a better understanding of our inner dreams
> and values. The NASA image shows probably D. Buck or C. Casson (both are
> sauropods) sitting and evaluating our posts in this forum. The more we
> evolve, the more direct contacts they will allow us to see from them, that
> is why we finally see now one of the evaluating POV programmers on that
> photo.
>
> Once they consider mankind ready for the final contact, we gonna meet them
> physically.
>
> Sven

You ssseem to know a lot about usss, missster Littkowssski...! Have you been
ssspying on usss, perhapsss?
We ssshall have to terminate your exissstence, before you ssspread the
newsss and do usss damage. We ssshall now proceed to remove you to the
planet Marsss where you will be judged and terminated in due time. Pleassse
remain where you are presssently ssso that we can adjussst the beam....

SSSlorg, Third Watcher